Help us fight Alzheimer’s Disease! The GreenFields Continuing Care Community will be participating in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s on September 16, 2017. To donate to our team, please visit The GreenFields team page here. All proceeds go to the Alzheimer’s Association.
The Alzheimer’s Association is a global organization, working to advance care, support and research across the world. From face-to-face support to online education programs and promising worldwide research initiatives, the money you raise makes a difference in the lives of those facing Alzheimer’s.
About Alzheimer’s Disease:
- • It’s the only cause of death in the top 10 in America that cannot be prevented, cured or slowed
- • Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s disease are women
- • One in three seniors die with Alzheimer’s or another dementia
- • Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States
- • More than 5 million Americans are living with the disease
- • There are more than 15.9 million caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s and other dementias in the United States
- • In the United States someone develops Alzheimer’s every 66 seconds
- • In 2016, 15.9 million American caregivers provided an estimated 18.2 billion hours of unpaid care valued at $230.1 billion
- • In 2017, Alzheimer’s will cost the United States $259 billion. This number is expected to rise to over $1 trillion by 2050
The Alzheimer’s Association:
- • Provides care and support to all those facing Alzheimer’s
- • Drives research toward treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure
- • Speaks up for the needs and rights of people affected by Alzheimer’s
The Alzheimer’s Association exceeds the rigorous standards of America’s most experienced charity evaluator, the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance. The Association also holds a National Charity Seal from the Alliance. 79% of their funds raised go toward Alzheimer’s care, support, research, awareness and advocacy, 15% goes back into fundraising efforts, while only 6% goes toward administrative purposes.
Please help The GreenFields in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s by donating here: http://act.alz.org/site/TR/Walk2015/General?team_id=403690&pg=team&fr_id=10662