Volunteering can be one of the most rewarding activities of your life. While residents of our retirement communities receive a full day of activities and rehabilitation, they truly thrive from interaction with visitors. Our volunteers say, “I get more out of being here than the residents I help!” These are people who give their time and talents to others, and they are a vital component of The GreenFields.
“I get more out of being here than the residents I help!”
These are people who give their time and talents to others, and they are a vital component of The GreenFields.
Volunteers come from all walks of life and include homemakers, retirees, students (minimum age of 16) and professionals.
What is the time commitment?
You can volunteer for a few hours, once a week, once a month or as fits your schedule. We ask volunteers to commit to a minimum of 20 hours of service at one of our retirement communities within a year.
What kinds of things do volunteers do?
Volunteers at The GreenFields work in a variety of different capacities to help support the residents and staff. Examples include:
- Transport residents to worship services, activities, therapy sessions, beauty shops and more
- Visit and/or read or write correspondence
- Assist with clerical work
- Play cards or a game
- Share a skill, hobbies or interests
- Assist at the GreenField Manor & Court Café
- Assist at the GreenField Health & Rehabilitation Center Gift Shop
- And much more …
What are the requirements to become a volunteer?
Volunteers at our retirement communities, especially at GreenField Health & Rehabilitation Center, are required to provide a short health history, agree to a background check, and attend an orientation session before volunteering. We will guide you through the process.
Volunteers are eligible for:
- Free meals in the employee cafeteria if you are working during mealtimes (GHRC only)
- Free flu shots when available
- Name badge
- Invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
- Yearly checkup and PPD test
- Opportunity to join the NLHS Guild
- The inner fulfillment of helping someone else
How to Get Started
Get started with becoming a volunteer today by completing our online registration form, or print out an online form and return it to The GreenFields Human Resources Department.
For questions or to learn more about volunteering, call Mary Dumke at 716.684.0202, ext. 1802 or email email@example.com.