The GreenFields – For All the Right Reasons
FULL-TIME RN TEAM LEADER / RN SUPERVISOR FOR GREENFIELD HEALTH & REHAB CENTER
Looking for responsible, dedicated and caring Registered Nurse who possesses good communication skills to work for GreenField Health & Rehabilitation Center – Short Term Rehab and Long Term Care services.
TEAM LEADER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives report from nurse going off duty.
- Evaluates and assigns resident care on the basis of resident need. Schedules and prepares paraprofessionals assignments, if needed and supervises same.
- Inventories controlled drugs at the beginning and end of each shift and follows established policies and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments. Reorders medications and treatment supplies as needed for assigned team.
- Performs ROM exercises for assigned residents in the absence of the Rehab Aide. Assures nursing rehab has occurred as indicated and is documented.
- Assesses residents condition on a daily basis. Reports changes in condition to Coordinator/ Supervisor including, but not limited to, reaction/effectiveness of medication and treatments, changes in physical or mental status, or significant incidents. Documents all such findings, completes incident reports and updates care plans, as needed.
- Maintains residents medical record according to facility policy. To include, but not limited to, medication and treatments given, I&O, vital signs, tests weights, physical, mental and emotional status and completion of weekly skin assessments on a daily basis.
- Instructs, assists and supervises nursing assistants in rendering nursing care on the unit. Maintains ongoing communication with nursing assistants throughout the shift and receives end-of-shift report from same. Assesses completion of the nursing assistant assignments and appropriate documentation on the restraint sheets, toileting sheets and BM records. Makes periodic rounds during shift and reports significant problems to coordinator or supervisor.
- Admits and orients new residents to the unit by completing initial assessment of residents condition, skin, care needs, etc. and documents such utilizing the nursing assessment form. Assists in initiating the resident plan of care.
- Supervises nursing personnel and nursing care.
- Teaches and guides nursing personnel and residents.
- Performs assigned duties as stated by the Assistant/Director of Nursing Services.
- Analyzes nursing services needs and determines daily staffing plan in accordance with established staffing patterns and resident needs/case mix within the facility.
- Discusses with the Assistant/Director of Nursing Services any problems which may occur in regards to personnel, staffing, resident care, residents families etc.
- Conducts resident rounds on all nursing units to ascertain the condition of all residents, especially those whose condition has deteriorated.
- Notifies the residents physician, family and/or power of attorney of any changes in the residents condition.
- Assists with replacement of staff due to call-ins, illness etc.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in supervision required. IV experience preferred. Experience preferred in geriatric, medical and surgical nursing.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Current New York State registered nurse license. Must maintain BLS or CPR certification.
Apply in person, online, or by email!
~On the Spot Interviews Monday-Friday Based on Availability between 10 a.m.-3 p.m.~
- 2 forms of Government Issued ID i.e., Driver’s License & Social Security Card (must include picture ID, must be originals and not expired for Drug Test & I-9)
Helpful if you bring
- Your immunization records reflecting your MMR (measles, mumps & rubella) and
- Flu shot if you have had one this season
GreenField Health & Rehabilitation Center
Lancaster, NY 14086