SIGN-ON BONUS & NEW STARTING RATE!
Resident Service Aide (RSA) – GreenField Court (Assisted Living Community)
- Days – Per Diem Every Other Weekend (7 am – 12:30 pm)
- Willingly accepts resident assignments, seeks to understand Care plans and maintains a total awareness of residents’ abilities.
- Follows procedures to provide resident care: bathing, oral hygiene, transferring to/from bathroom, use of bedpans/urinals, keeps incontinent residents clean and dry at all times, changes bed linens as necessary.
- Transfers, ambulates and positions residents to ensure comfort, prevent injury and to promote optimal levels of function.
- Sees that residents are properly clothed at all times i.e. clothing not soiled
- Follows standard procedures to provide personal grooming: trims nails, combs hair, shaves male residents daily and shampoos hair as indicated ON DTS and informs supervisor if changes occur.
- Makes beds, tidies rooms, keeps inside of night stands, dressers and closets in orderly fashion.
- Assists resident at meals, serves, distributes beverages as needs, assists residents with cutting foods as needed, provides nourishment when indicated, encourages and monitors meal acceptance.
- Prepares residents for tests, X-rays, visits from physicians/dentists/therapists as directed by supervisor.
- Encourages residents to participate in recreational activities, church, facility events. Supports the residents’ full participation and assists in transporting them to/from various activities.
- Performs personal services for residents such as writing/reading letters, using TV and radio. Promotes comfort, security, independence and resident safety.
- Administers AM/PM care with particular attention to toileting, oral hygiene, bathing and settling.
- Assists and communicates effectively with relatives, visitors and guests. Directs inquiries and comments regarding resident health to nurse in charge.
- Maintains appropriate techniques in all resident care to prevent spread of disease and infection.
- Observes resident and informs nurse of any change in attitude, reactions, appetite and/or other significant physical changes as they occur.
- Answers call lights and call bells to determine resident needs.
- Answers telephone calls and immediately relays messages to the proper source. Runs errands as directed by the nurse in charge.
- Participates in routine floor duties including cleaning. Stores and prepares supplies used.
- Follows plan of action to maintain safety of the residents and others in the event of fire or disaster.
- Assists the director of Health Services with orientation of RSAs.
- Maintains accurate records on resident activities and functions such as Day Book, DTS, Toileting Schedule etc.
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly work area. Reports safety hazards.
- Participants in in-service and other training sessions. Applies new skills on the job following training.
- Produces the highest quantity of work in the time allowed. Little time is lost in non-productive or marginally productive activities. Reliably meets deadlines. Exemplary attendance.
- Adheres to dress code policy at all times.
- Adheres to time and attendance policy at all times.
- Practices safe work habits and follows all safety procedures of the facility.
- Assures the safety, security, and wellbeing of our residents
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Two years of work experience. Must have High School diploma or two years of related work experience.
Apply online, by email or in person:
Lancaster, NY 14086