Assistant Director of Nursing
- Assumes all responsibility as delegated by the DON.
- Assists the DON in the overall supervision and administration of the Nursing Department.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining standards of resident care in compliance with the philosophy and objectives of Nursing Services and Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Assumes responsibility of the DON in his/her absence.
- Collaborates with allied health and ancillary disciplines in order to ensure multi-disciplinary delivery of quality resident care.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining clinical and administrative nursing records and reports.
- Serves as a member of various in-house committees as appointed and appropriate to his/her role such as Policy Review, QA, BMARC and Safety Committee.
- Reviews incident and accident reports to assure timely follow through and appropriateness of interventions and complete investigations as indicated.
- In the absence of the nursing coordinator and building supervisor, may assume total responsibility of that nursing unit or units.
- Assists with investigating reported cases of resident abuse, mistreatment or neglect and reports findings to the DON and Administrator.
- Investigates reported cases of resident verbal abuse and reports findings to DON.
- Attends continuing education programs to maintain or enhance level of nursing expertise in accordance with contemporary trends.
- Holds membership in professionally related organizations.
- Advises the Inservice Coordinator of any evident needs or refreshment of nursing care skills.
- Supervises resident meals.
- Aware of pressure of nursing units, including staffing, and helps out whenever possible.
- Assists with staffing to maintain proper scheduling for the day, evening and night shifts.
- In the absence of the Administrator or DON, assumes the responsibility of Acting Administrator.
- Interviews candidates for nursing assistant and professional nursing positions. Hires after conferring with the DON.
EXPERIENCE: Must have 2 years supervisory experience in a skilled nursing facility and knowledge of gerontology. Must be CPR or BLS certified. IV experience preferred.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: A Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from an accredited institution desired. Must be a Registered Nurse with a current NYS license.
We offer an excellent wage and benefit package!
Apply online or email your resume: